AmeriStaff is currently recruiting for experienced Certified Nursing Assistants for a local hospital in the Roxboro, NC area. The ideal candidate must have their CNA certification and CPR certification.
Responsibilities of the CNA position:
- Performs basic nursing skills and personal care activities for patients/residents under the direction of a Registered/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Practices within the Nursing Assistant's scope and according to the policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs complex nursing assistant skills for patients/residents under the direction of a Registered/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Provides general patient care on an ongoing basis and/or during any interactions, administering to the emotional and physical needs of patients.
- Responds to patient calls promptly and satisfy their needs or refer their requests to the appropriate personnel.
- Monitors vital signs and provides basic first aid as necessary.
- Perform nursing skill activities according to policies/procedures.
- Performs or assists with personal services for patients to include bathing, dressing/undressing, feeding, and other activities as necessary.
- Safely transports patients within hospital via wheelchairs, stretchers, or beds with accompanying equipment.
- Verifies patient identification to ensure that correct patient is transported.
- Verifies location to which patient must be transported and necessary medical equipment that must accompany patient.
- Transfers and/or assists patient in and out of wheelchair, stretcher, bed or vehicle safely.
- Secures patient and any accompanying equipment appropriately for transport.
- Identifies potential safety hazards in work areas and takes appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others.
Benefits of the CNA position:
- 8 hour shifts available.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift positions available.
- $15.00 per hour - pay could be more depending on experience.
- Full time opportunity.
Requirements of the CNA position:
- Must be listed with the Division of Facility Services Nurse Aide Registry.
- Must be listed with the NC Board of Nurse Aide II Registry.
- Must have CNA Certification.
- Must have a current BLS upon hire.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR 6 months experience as CNA.
- Experience traumatic situation including psychiatric, dismembered and deceased patients.
- Must be able to perform heavy lifting, generally more than 25lbs.
- Work may occasionally require working in an uncomfortable position.
- Extended periods of walking, standing, bending. lifting, pulling, and pushing.
- Clinical environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient body fluids.