Electro-mechanical Assembly Technicians
Become part of a dynamic aerospace company. Ontic Engineering and Manufacturing Inc is currently looking for an Assembler for its operations center in Creedmoor, NC. Ontic is engaged primarily in electro-mechanical assemblies for the aerospace industry including general aviation, commercial and military applications.
Ontic has a long history in the Aerospace and Defense marketplace, producing high quality products used in both legacy and modern applications.
- Follow detailed instructions to assemble parts into sub-assemblies, units, or systems
- Skillful and competent with hands, on product requiring high levels of dexterity.
- Handling/soldering of small coils or similar technology
- Troubleshoot and rework assembled units that fail standard tests
- Assembly tasks may include some of the following:
- Adjusting and fitting parts to very tight tolerances
- Working with parts which require special care in handling including ESD procedures
- Application of adhesives
- Work closely with engineering personnel in the modification and repair of sub-assemblies and systems
- Use of complex drawings, final assembly blueprints, and/or verbal and written instructions
- Adherence to company policies including general workmanship, FOD control, and documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years previous assembly, interact soldering experience required
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand blueprints
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills
- Team player
Candidates shall be required to successfully complete physical dexterity assessment during interview.
Prescreen drug test and background screening required.
Ontic offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401k plan along with medical, dental, disability, life insurance, paid time off and holidays.
Ontic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of the ITAR. The ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.